Thursday, October 4, 2012

Dinner tonight!

So I'm walking on my treadmill as I plan dinner for tonight.  It'll just be the two of us, and I know she's not picky, so I'm keeping it simple.  I'm pulling out some of my industrial vat of chili and making sweet potato fries(baked with a little coconut oil, mmmm!), along with a Big Ass Salad(TM).  For dessert, if we're not too full, some plain whole yogurt with clementines- om nom nom!

I love salads, I find them really easy and delicious, although I like including things other people might consider unusual.  For example, I use a LOT of fresh herbs- check out the recipe:

(all ingredients fresh)
2 cups spinach
1 cup kale
1 cup basil
1 cup cilantro
1 cup oregano
1 avocado, sliced
1 tomato, diced
1 cucumber, diced

I like to tear my salads into little bits- I find it very frustrating when you have to attack your salad with a fork and knife.  It's just ripe for flinging dressing into your face!

For a dressing I just use 1 part apple cider vinegar to 2 or 3 parts olive oil, typically mixed in a mug.  I frequently add salt, pepper, dried oregano and thyme, or other dried herbs.  It all depends on my mood.  Tonight will be a salt-free dinner, however, since my friend doesn't do salt.

Hmmm, I might toast some fennel seeds and add them to the dressing.  I think it'll be a nice addition in the fall weather!  What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment