Monday, March 11, 2013

Hulk out with green quiche!

So I'm back on the Paleoesque diet these days, with some forays into raw veganism- green smoothies make taking the leafy greens much less time consuming!

I made this absolutely delicious spinach and broccoli quiche the other night with a quirky side effect of being green.  Here's the recipe, and why it's green:

11 eggs
2 cups milk, divided
salt and pepper
2 bunches spinach
1 cup chopped broccoli
1 cup grated or shredded cheddar cheese

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
Beat the eggs and 1 cup milk together.
Blend the spinach, broccoli, and remaining cup of milk together until chunky.
Beat the spinach mixture into the eggs.
Pour into a greased casserole dish and mix half the cheese in, topping with the other half.
Bake for 40-50 minutes.

You may find you need more milk, I eyeballed it.  The blending is what makes it green- it's not enough to make it smoothie-like, but it does disperse the veggies evenly throughout the egg mixture.  I don't care for meeting whole broccoli florets in my quiches, much as I love them elsewhere, and I didn't want to take the extra time to chop everything fine- but I love the way this turned out.  A+++, would eat again!  It's a great dish for kids, very tasty and nonthreatening but full of nourishment.

No comments:

Post a Comment